2023-2024 intake for One-year Certificate Course in Forestry at UWIFoRT, Lamaigoempa
Announcements | Posted on 2023-05-18
The Department of Forests and Park Services (DoFPS), Ministry of Energy and Natural Resources is pleased to announce 15 slots for the one-year Certificate Course in Forestry (2023-2024 intake) at the Ugyen Wangchuck Institute for Forest Research and Training (UWIFoRT), Lamai Goempa, Bumthang.
- The Selection Criteria shall be as follows:
- Qualification: Class X passed with a minimum of 50% in all subjects (Optional subjected will be excluded).
- Age requirement: 26 years or below at the time of application.
- 60 candidates will be shortlisted purely based on academic merit ranking.
- Out of 60 candidates, the first 30 candidates, who complete 8 kilometres for boys and 6 kilometers for girls in 50 minutes will be shortlisted.
- The 30 shortlisted candidates from the marathon will then have to sit for the viva voce.
- Out of the 30 candidates, only 15 candidates, based on overall score of academic marks, marathon race and viva voce, will be selected to undergo the one-year Professional Certificate Course in Forestry.
- All selected candidates shall undergo drug test. Expenses for the drug test shall be borne by the individual candidate. If any of the selected candidates is found positive on prescribed drugs, he/she shall be disqualified.
- The following scores/marks shall be allotted for the selection procedures:
- Academic marks: 70%
- Physical fitness test: 20%
- Viva voce: 10%
- Interested and eligible candidates can apply along with following documents to UWIFoRT office, Bumthang or you may e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 12th June, 2023 before 5:00 PM.
- Application Form (download here)
- Class X Pass Certificate
- Class X Statement of Marks
- School Relieving Certificate/Transfer Certificate
- Citizenship Identity Card
- Medical Fitness Certificate
- Valid Security Clearance (Online approved)
*Original documents MUST be provided to the selection committee, DoFPS, for verification at the time of interview.
- Last date for submission of application with complete set of documents (Online or in Person): 12th June, 2023
- Physical fitness test/marathon: 20th June, 2023
- Viva voce: 21st and 22nd June, 2023
- Start of the course: 1st July, 2023
- The shortlisted candidates for the physical fitness test (marathon) will be intimated through call. The shortlisted candidates will be uploaded in the UWIFoRT website.
- Marathon will be conducted in Thimphu. Candidates shortlisted for marathon should reach Lungten Zampa and Yangchenphu Tri-Junction on 20thJune, 2023 at 5:00 AM sharp for briefing and marathon. Those who fail to report on time shall be disqualified from participating in the marathon race.
- The 30 shortlisted candidates from the marathon run will be called for Viva Voce on 21st and 22nd June 2023 for the final selection.
- The final 15 selected candidates' list will be uploaded on the UWICER and DoFPS websites.
For further information, please contact the following persons:
- Mr. Rinchen Namgay, Program Coordinator at 17772180
- Mr. Namgay Shacha, Forestry Officer at 17807194